iNous: Building an Eco-System for Indoor Spatial Information
iNous (indoor/outdoor spatial data services) is a large research project funded by the Korean government (official webpage of the project.
The main objective is to develop an eco-systems of software for:
- reconstructing indoor maps automatically
- managing these maps in an efficient way
- using these indoor maps in different applications
The focus of the project is on the OGC standard IndoorGML, but alternatives formats to represent the indoor of a building and its navigation graph will be sought.
What do we do?
We are responsible for 2 work packages:
- the validation of IndoorGML files. This implies validating the geometry, topology, and general consistency of IndoorGML files. We will extend val3dity so that the rooms/cells in IndoorGML are validated, and so that the navigation graph is also validated.
- the develop of a JSON-based encoding for IndoorGML. Our draft proposal for IndoorJSON is online, with some software to convert IndoorGML files.
Open-source software and standards
- val3dity (only branch ‘develop’ at this moment)