val3dity v2.2 is released
May 18, 2020
val3dity v2.2 has been released!
It allows us to verify whether a 3D primitive (solid, multi-surface, composite-solid, etc) respects the definition as given in ISO 19107.
- support for IndoorGML datasets, not just the geometries but specific validation tests for the primal-dual consistency were added
- support for GeometryTemplates in CityJSON
- a completely revamped JSON error report and a report browser
- code must now be compiled against CGAL5, easier to install and compile for everyone
- CityGML support is deprecated. This is the last version that will support CityGML, it will be removed it from v2.3+. Most errors/issues reported have to do with a faulty parser of CityGML, and not with val3dity itself. I (Hugo) cannot justify spending 100s of hours fixing the parser, I tried hard but this not possible anymore. If someone wants to do it then great I am willing to help them, but I will not invest time on this anymore. Just upgrade your files to CityJSON (https://www.cityjson.org/help/users/conversion/), I’ll always maintain a full CityJSON parser!
To use it:
- online with its webapp
- download the Windows val3dity.exe
- under macOS, just type
brew install tudelft3d/software/val3dity and voilà it’s installed on your system
- under linux, you need to compile yourself but it’s super easy.